W54: Ichin’ To Plant
First off, my hat goes off to Jason for your generous tip! Thanks so much.
Urban Scoutâ€™s Laundry List for Week 54:
1. Blog about Bleeding Heart and that look alike. (Forgot about this one!)
2. Blog about making jerky. (Yes)
3. Blog about Religion Vs. Rewilding. (Yes)
4. Construct a small deadfall trap for small game. (Forgot about this one!)
5. Blog about scraping sinew from meat. (Yes)
I spent some time working in my yard. I filled these barrels with dirt and planted the nettles in on and the jerusalem artichokes in the other. I’m a little worried that they will dry out in these barrels.
I dug out the grass, which you can see looks more like a marsh, and planted cattail. This dries out during the summer though, so again I worry that it will die. I may dig it deeper.
While digging a hole to plant the pine tree Penny bought me I came across a few wild carrot plants so I transplanted them to the sandy loam pile for now. We found some rather large wild carrots in this same pile last year so I thought they may grow as well as the others.
Urban Scout’s Laundry List Week 55:
1. Construct and set Deadfall Trap.
2. Write about Bleeding heart and that other plant.
3. Build a compost pile.
4. Finish my Collapse Vs. Rewilding draft and post it.
5. Paint Motorhome.
Show your support and appreciation for Urban Scout